Goddess Gift :: Privacy/GDPR Policy
Last updated: 06/20/2019
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please Contact Us.
Goddess Gift is an online media community that offers you enjoyable, insightful, and meaningful information and products that can lead to your personal growth and development. Our goal is to give you information and easy access to services and products that are relevant to your life. The nature of personality assessment is such that it is necessary for you to feel completely comfortable in disclosing personal information so that we can respond to you with the most accurate and helpful feedback that we can. Our policies are designed to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy and to uphold the use of fair information practices.
- Your privacy is our priority and is protected at www.goddessgift.com.
- Goddess Gift does not collect personally identifiable information from any of our visitors without their prior consent.
- You can decide how much, and in what ways, you wish to participate in the Goddess Gift community, and can end that involvement at any time. We will always honor your decisions.
- We will never disclose your personal information to any third party unless you direct us to do so.
- We will not sell your personal information to any third party.
The following statement explains Goddess Gift’s (www.goddessgift.com) information collection and disclosure practices. Please be advised that Goddess Gift’s website: https://goddessgift.com (including successor pages, the “Site”), offers a personality assessment (“Goddess Quiz”, “Goddess Report”) that may not be used by children under the age of seventeen (17) and children under such age may not submit any personal information to Goddess Gift, except through their parents or legal guardians.
What type of information does Goddess Gift collect?
We collect two types of information regarding our Visitors and Users:
- Un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a Visitor or un-identified User, which may be made available to us, or collected automatically via his/her use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). Such Non-personal Information does not enable us to identify the Visitor or User from whom it was collected. The Non-personal Information collected by us mainly consists of technical and aggregated usage information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
- Individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable efforts cause the identification of an individual, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information collected by us mainly consists of contact details (e.g., e-mail address or phone number), billing details (name, physical billing address, payment method and transaction details), which are only collected from Users with Paid Services, details regarding a browsing or usage session (Geo-location), details regarding connected third party accounts (such as the e-mail or username for a connected PayPal, Google or Facebook account), correspondences (including those made through or uploaded to our Services), and any other Personal Information provided to us by Visitors and/or Users through their access to and/or use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information that is connected or linked to Personal Information (for example, in order to improve the Services we offer) is deemed and treated by us as Personal Information, as long as such connection or linkage exists.
- Goddess Gift collects no information that may be used to identify you individually, such as your name and email address (“personal information”) unless you provide it to sign up for a specific service such as our newsletter. Those taking the goddess quiz must provide demographic information (age and sex only) that helps us to compare their quiz results with statistical norms so that they receive the most accurate report possible. We do not share this information in a personally identifiable format with any third party. Occasionally we gather data in order to further validate our tests. Each visitor has the choice of submitting his/her information for validation purposes. Even in this instance, Goddess Gift never uses individual data (name, place of residence, etc.), but uses aggregated (collective) databases for purposes of test validation. Otherwise, no records of scored tests and quizzes are kept.
We collect and store certain technical and other information about the online activities of our users on an aggregated (or collective) basis. Goddess Gift does not use this information to identify you or to match it with your testing activities. We may, however, track the number of people who view each page, and other site usage data, in order to learn which features are the most popular so we can improve our service. We also record statistical information collected on our site to better understand and serve our visitors. This information is recorded as anonymous group statistical information and is not connected to any personal information you have provided to Goddess Gift.
Depending on the specific Goddess Gift services and products for which a user registers, certain specific information will be requested. We use this additional data to personalize your Goddess Gift experience. By obtaining and using this information, We can provide you with timely, relevant, and individualized service according to your preferences and interests.
We use this information:
- To send you our monthly newsletter, if you have signed up for it;
- To contact you if you have signed up for additional services requiring contact;
- To send promotions/ coupons via e-mail only with your consent;
- To contact you for feedback and surveys via e-mail;
- To send you thank you and follow-up email;
- To provide and operate the Services;
- To further develop, customize and improve our Services, based on Visitors’ and Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To facilitate, sponsor and offer certain contests, events and promotions, determine participants’ eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners and grant prizes and benefits;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We will only use your Personal Information where we are satisfied that:
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with your personalized report, to provide you with our customer assistance and technical support), or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have, or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to support legitimate interests that we have as a business (for example, to maintain and improve our Services by identifying user trends and identifying technical issues), provided it is conducted at all times in a way that respects your privacy rights and is proportionate.
Goddess Gift Visitors’, Users’ and Users-of-Users’ names and email addresses may be maintained, processed and stored by Goddess Gift’s secure email marketing service. Other non-personal information may be maintained, processed and stored by Bluehost and their authorized affiliates in the United States, Europe, and in other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of their Services and/or as may be required by law (as further explained below). These affiliates and service providers that store or process your information on Bluehost’s behalf are each contractually committed to keep it protected and secured, in accordance with industry standards and regardless of any lesser legal requirements which may apply in their jurisdiction.
There are two main methods we use:
1. We collect data relating to your online activity on our websites, including the following:
- IP address;
- Browser type and version;
- Type of device you use, operating system version, and device identifier;
- Geographic location;
- Pages you view;
- How you got to our Services and any links you click on to leave our Services;
- When you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services;
- Metadata about your use of our Services and emails we send to you (including clicks and opens);
- Metadata about how your customers, contacts, and users interact with the Services we provide you;
- Your interactions with any videos we offer;
- Issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance; and
- Any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services.
We store the data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.
2. We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide us when you register for our Services; when you sign in to our Services via third party services such as Facebook or Google; when you place purchases; when you submit or upload such Personal Information as you use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel.
If you send an email to Goddess Gift or submit any information to our customer support staff, we will retain your email or other information for the time necessary to respond to you
Goddess Gift never discloses your personal information to any third party. Goddess Gift uses the personal information you voluntarily only to allow us to provide you with customized services.
Goddess Gift may use aggregated, statistical information to describe our audience, services, and to develop partnerships with third parties (i.e., anyone or any entity who is not an employee, agent, or subsidiary of Goddess Gift). For example, if 20% of our members were interested in buying books about goddess paintings, we might share that statistic with a provider of artworks in order to offer a link to their service to our members. We would not disclose any individual’s personal data. Be assured, we do not disclose your personal information.
We hope to build a long-term relationship with you. To build that trust, we know that as you spend time on our site and with our email newsletters, your personal information must remain within your control. Therefore, unless you give us your express permission, except if we believe in good faith that the law requires it (e.g. if disclosure was necessary to respond to a subpoena, warrant, or court order, or to protect the rights of Goddess Gift or others) we will not share your personal information with unauthorized third parties. We believe your personal information is precisely that–yours. And we will do our best to protect it!
If you sign up for the Goddess Newsletter, Goddess Gift will send you service and product offerings we think you’ll be interested in via email. If you do not wish to continue receiving the newsletter, simply click on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter. Or you can Contact Us and request to be removed from the mailing list and your contact information will be promptly deleted.
Other companies to whom we may have provided your information in accordance with this privacy statement may independently send you e-mails or other communications. Please contact those companies directly if you do not wish to receive communications from them.
From time to time, we may run surveys and/or contests on the site in which we may ask you for additional information. Participation in such surveys or contests is completely voluntary. We use and treat such information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Every Goddess Gift employee understands that the privacy of our members is a top priority. Access to members’ personal information is strictly limited to our Goddess Gift Team, a small number of professionals and customer relationship employees. A customer relationship employee will handle your personal information only to respond to your communication or to better understand our audience to help with our editorial direction. The professionals on our team handle personal information when they maintain our site and email newsletters. Rest assured that all members of our team are subject to stringent confidentiality requirements. Any information disseminated outside of the Goddess Gift team is anonymous and aggregated, never identifiable by individual.
Your Goddess Gift report is not stored on our server, but delivered to you as a downloadable (or printable) report, so that you are the only person who has access to this information. To ensure that you’ve logged out of your account, please remember to close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Goddess Gift cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort, including the use of firewalls, to ensure the security of your information on our systems.
FOR VISITORS USING THE SITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, ANY DATA YOU SUBMIT TO THE SITE WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES FOR USE BY GODDESS GIFT AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES FOR ANY OF THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY. BY USING THE SITE YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO SUCH TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OR DATA TO THE UNITED STATES.
Note that the affiliates providing products in Goddess Gift may use their own cookies. Goddess Gift does not control these cookies or the data collection practices of these companies. For more information about their separate privacy policies, you should contact the third-party affiliates directly.
There are two types of cookies used on Bluehost sites:
Session (Transient) cookies: These cookies are erased when you close your browser, and do not collect information from your computer. They typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
Unless otherwise indicated, this Site and its design, text, content, selection and arrangement of elements, organization, graphics, and the design, compilation, and other matters related to this Site (collectively, “Content”) are protected under applicable intellectual property and other laws, including, without limitation, those of the United States and Canada. All Content and intellectual property rights herein are the property of Goddess Gift or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner and is protected pursuant to applicable copyright and trademark laws. The posting of any Content on this Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such Content. The reproduction, duplication, distribution (including by way of email or other electronic means), publication (including posting on another website) modification, copying or transmission of Content from this Site in any form or by any means is strictly prohibited without the express prior written consent of Goddess Gift. Requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials found on this Site can be made by contacting Goddess Gift in writing at 8 Crouch Court, Johnson City, TN 37615 or Contact Us here. The Content may only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. Goddess Gift grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access, view and make personal and non-commercial use of this Site. You may not use this Site to gain unauthorized access to Goddess Gift networks or computer systems or to engage in any activity that disrupts or otherwise interferes or tampers with the Site (and associated servers or networks connected to the Site). You agree not to access the Site through any automated means (such as through the use of scripts or web crawlers, etc.).
Except for personally identifiable information such as names, addresses, and financial information, unsolicited information and content submitted to this Site is assigned to Goddess Gift free of charge, together with all worldwide rights, title and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in such submission and Goddess Gift and its affiliates and related entities may use, sublicense, adapt, distribute, publicly perform, publish, display or delete such submission at its sole discretion. By sending any unsolicited submission to Goddess Gift, you waive the right to make any claim against Goddess Gift or affiliates related to use of the submission.
Credit card transactions occur on a secure third-party site. Information submitted for credit card processing is encrypted and is transacted over secure links. No credit card information is stored on Goddess Gift’s servers.
Return to top
Goddessgift.com may be accessed by an international audience, like all web sites. By visiting our site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in this policy. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction that may have less stringent privacy practices than your jurisdiction. By providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of such data.
If you believe that any material contained in this Site infringes your copyright, you should notify Goddess Gift of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedure. Goddess Gift will process notices of alleged infringement which it receives and will take appropriate action pursuant to the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. The DMCA requires that notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Goddess Gift by mail at 8 Crouch Court, Johnson City, TN 37615, or Contact Us. To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3)): (i) physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and the location of such material on our Site; (iv) information to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address; (v) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you are a user outside the United Sates and are not subject to the DMCA, you should notify Goddess Gift of your copyright infringement claim in writing and in accordance with the above procedure and other applicable intellectual property laws including, but not limited to, the Canadian Copyright Act.
You shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Site. If you provide us any information through the Site, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself. You agree not to attempt to upload or transmit through the Site any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or system. Any unauthorized modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to this Site is strictly prohibited. If you become aware of misuse of this Site by any person, then please Contact Us and share your observations with the Site Administrator with your concerns. Goddess Gift reserves all rights and remedies available to it.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices shall be given by postal mail to Goddess Gift, 8 Crouch Court, Johnson City, TN 36715 or to the email address you provide to Goddess Gift (in the case of notice to you). Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address you have provided to Goddess Gift. In such case, notice shall be deemed given 3 days after the date of mailing.CONTACTING GODDESS GIFT
Any questions, comments, or issue with this Site, please Contact Us.
We may contact you to troubleshoot problems, to resolve a dispute, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
or write to: Goddess Gift
8 Crouch Court,
Johnson City, TN 37615